Monday, September 15, 2008

Starting 2nd week...

Today is the start of my second week! Whoo hoo! I'm doing a "night" shift tonight which means I go in at 12:30pm and stay till 9:00pm. I so love this job! My nights aren't bad. I'm a little nervous because tonight I'm with the CLS who did her internship at John Hopkins. Yikes! She's also my internship coordinator. Yea...this will be fun! 

Weekend was good. We had tornadoes my first weekend! What the heck?! Of course this would happen to me! I can't just have a good, easy first weekend here...no...there has to be a darn hurricane. Blah! I went bowling and to dinner with some PV girls Saturday night. There were tornado touch downs in my county and all around. (This is what I heard from other Arkansasians...I didn't actually see them!) But...I'm not hurt and nothing is. Electricity went out for the whole area around church and even some of church. But it got turned back on before night service. It was so funny going to Wal-Mart Saturday because everyone had their buggies (yes, Matthew...I said buggies) filled up to the brim with food and water and stuff. It just makes me laugh because if a tornado really did hit...all the food would be blown away! Silly Arkansasians

Just to inform the group...the Garmin's name is now GG! Officially! GG and I are getting along better. She is starting to actually get me to places I ask her to! :)

Well...I guess that's it for now! I'm a pretty boring person! This whole blog thing could get old for you guys! 

Daily Bible Verse: If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interest, but also to the interests of others. 
-Philippians 2:1-4

I read this and immediately thought of you guys! I love that this is our purpose and drive and this is what is the glue that holds us together as friends! I love you guys, not only for the happiness and friendship that you give me, but for the Christian examples that you are in my life! I am so blessed by you!

Have a great day! Talk to you soon!

13 Weeks to go! 88 Days to go!

2 comments:

Cristin Claire said...

I love this new found positive attitude!!!! I'm sure it makes your life much better when you think positively.

I also LOVE that you are loving Dawson's Creek again : ) Let me know when you have finished season 1!!!

PS- i miss u!

kendall said...

I just love you Heather :)

I am going to call you soon!!
Keep up the good work!