Sunday, September 7, 2008

here we go...

Well...here we go! Thanks to Cristin, I've decided to write a blog while I'm here! Not only do I have a journal (also thanks to the Malones) but I think I'll have a blog, also, so you guys can keep up too! Not that you'd want to...but in case you ever get bored...well...here's a funny read!

So, it is now Day 1 of me being in Arkansas. I am now officially alone because Matthew just left about an hour ago! I'm a little...oh who am I kidding...I'm super nervous and scared! I'm also excited, but that emotion is unfortunately being suppressed right now! Let me feel you in first...

The house I'm living in is so great! My roomie is the sweetest ever! She's been really great so far! Considering that I spent every last second with Matthew that I could have, I haven't really spent any time with her. So, I'll be working on that! I've seen where I need to go tomorrow so I'll be ready! I have to leave here at 6:30 in the morning (only for the first morning) so I'm definitely not excited about that! I'm all unpacked and set. I've also been grocery shopping for this week. So I'm ready to go! It helps a little, not totally! We'll just have to see what fun this week brings!

I haven't realized just how much I'm going to miss little stuff. The church here is great, but it doesn't matter when my family and friends aren't there. I'm going to miss walking in and seeing tons of smiling faces and hugs! I can't just walk up to my friends and be comfortable! I'm going to miss being able to stay up till 1am talking to Pam, going to Isaac's game, and doing devos with Gerald. I can't go to my Jo Jo's when I'm stressed out and upset. I can't have girls nights where I learn I'm fat thanks to Wii! I know I can still call...but really? I can't make my hand gestures and faces when we're on the phone! LoL!

I'm also going to miss Matthew. I don't think either of us realized how much we'd miss each other until we got here and moved me in! I have really taken him for granted! Just as simple as holding his hand. At home, I would hold his hand, but sometimes it was just there. Here, I held his hand like I was falling off of a cliff! I will say one thing, I know without a shadow of a doubt that I love him more than anything! I've never really doubted it before...but wow! this weekend has opened my eyes to a lot!

This will definitely be an interesting 14 weeks, but it will be good too! After this, I'll be able to be more upbeat about being here. But for now, know that I am excited...even if it doesn't show.

I really don't know why I'm being so cynical! God completely took care of all of my needs, and wants, before I moved down here. He gave me everything that I needed from a house to money and made them better than I expected! Great roomie and more money than I thought I'd have! Plus he gave me everything I wanted...as in the Garmin! I didn't need it...be He still provided! I just need to keep in mind that if He did all that to prepare me...would He really just drop me now that I'm here? No! I'm so thankful that I can trust and have faith in Him and that He is in control!

Verse of the day came from church this morning and its so fitting and so God to throw it at me! John 14:1  "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, trust also in me." This was Jesus comforting his disciples! Hello, Heather! Get a clue! :)

P.S. Sorry this is so long! They won't all be!

1 comment:

Cristin Claire said...

Heather- I know you are scared and lonely right now but I promise it will get better! In the mean time, I am totally here for you : )