Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Blessings...



I'd like to take a minute and talk about God and His amazing blessings! Some are very obvious and we see them right away, others are not so obvious. I look around at my family and friends and I thank God for them every day! I don't know what I would do without them. For example: I've been feeling bad lately. My battery in my car died, I got pretty sick, and now I can't walk on my foot! All the while, I'm here in AR feeling alone most of the time. Tonight, I got a call from the love of my life, three of my very best friends, and my mom and dad! It was a huge uplift and will help my week go by super fast! Thank you God! That is an obvious blessing!

There are other blessings that God grants me that I don't see right away. I didn't get my internship this past summer, I had to wait until this fall. At first, I was so upset! How could I not get it? This is my dream job! AR Children's is one of the most amazing hospitals. I've loved every day that I've had and I'm learning so much! Also, I'm experiencing so much just being here in AR (I know, who would have ever guessed that in AR! Lol!). I've met some wonderful people that are becoming wonderful friends. I've gotten closer to my friends from home and Matthew and I have only grown closer. This is something that I haven't fully seen or appreciated until now. Go God!

He is there. He is wanting to give blessings, if we'll just open up and let him. There's a story that I heard when I was little and it has stuck with me...

This man goes to heaven and God is showing him around. He shows him the mansions, golden streets, angels, all the joys of heaven that we cannot even imagine! God takes this man into a room and the man's jaw drops! God says, "These are all the blessings I wanted to give you...". The man is furious! "God, why didn't you give them to me? I could have used this...I could have used that...I needed this...why God? Wasn't I good enough? Didn't you love me?" the man asked. God replies, "I would have loved to give them to you, my beloved. If you had only asked, if you had only opened up to me and given me the chance, I would have". 

How many times do we take God for granted? How many times do we just expect Him to throw us a bone? Because we deserve it? That's not even close to being true. We don't even deserve the blessings we do get! All that He does for us, and we don't give Him the time of day until we are finally ready to try and give a problem up. Who cares about thinking Him? Who cares about just talking with Him like we do our friends? 

We have an amazing and loving God! If that isn't a blessing enough, He showers us everyday! I'm so blessed and I know that you are too! Just take a moment and thank Him for all He does! 
Have a fabulous week! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh Heather what a great post! Thanks so much for helping me get my day started off on the right foot and thanking God for all the blessings I have in my life... including you!

Anonymous said...

Everything you talked about is SO true :) Sorry for the bad days that you've had. I'll be praying for you :)

Anonymous said...

Amen, girlfriend!
-Megan