Friday, October 10, 2008

Da Da Daaaaaaaaaaa...THE CREEPER...

Update: This week has been pretty good! I did 3 pre-ops, I've been on my own a lot, and I'm so excited about it! My supervisor is amazing and wonderful! She values my opinion on patients and what to do for them. She also lets me be as independent as I want, which is a lot! She pushes me (in a good way) to be the best I can be, but never pushes me so much that I'm uncomfortable! I couldn't be happier with my internship! I'm so glad that I chose AR Children's. Its been one of the biggest blessings in my life! It helped me to see how blessed I am, to see who my real friends are, and most importantly, to get closer to God! 

I'd like to introduce you to THE CREEPER! It creeps up on you slowly (get it? the creeper?), growing with every second. It doesn't cover all, but covers the most important. While it creeps, it covers left and right. It bring with it a heat that is almost unbearable. It puts pressure on you until you lose your breath. What is it? I know your dying to find out. What is it? The fear is that it can hit anyone of us in any second. What is it? It gets you when you least expect it. What is it?

Its the stupid red, splotchy color that fills my neck when I get nervous and give pre-ops. That's what it is! Its awful! I didn't even know I did that until I did a practice pre-op in front of 4 CLSs and the other intern. She told me about it and they all laughed at me. Then, I discovered it. I've checked after every pre-op and its there every time. I am totally investing in turtlenecks! My co-intern discovered it two weeks ago and named it THE CREEPER. Now, everyone in the office knows about THE CREEPER and either tries to pull it out of me, look for me after stressful moments to see it, or just laughs at me in general. THE CREEPER came out the other day in the elevator with all of the CLSs. Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! Is all I can say. And of course, my favorite line, it would be me!

Miss you all! Hope things are well!


2 comments:

Mindy said...

The first paragraph made me so happy. I'm soooo glad that you're feeling better about the internship and enjoying the experience. You know that we're all praying for you over here.

The rest of the blog just made me laugh. :) We're all so proud of you!

Cristin Claire said...

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE CREEPER!!!! Remind me later to tell you a funny story about Walt.