Now, I'm now working out for bored reasons! Sorta... I live here in AR and can't hang out with the people I work with and see everyday, my roomie is gone most weeks, and I get lonely. It gives me something to do! (Plus, secretly, there's a silly little rumor going around that Matthew and I will be taking the plunge next year...that means I have less than a year to look good for the wedding and honeymoon...)
So far...I'm sore as crap! It hurts when I laugh! How pathetic am I? Everything hurts...and I'm only working out on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays! And I work out for about an hour or so. I have to start small you know! I run/elliptical/bike (I change it up everyday) for about 20, then some free weights, then this huge thingie that you jump up on and then hang and pull your knees to your chest (killer abs baby! Yea!), more machines that work every area, then finish off with a little/lot of stretching. Sounds like a lot, but not really when you put it all together. But seriously...who knew I was THIS out of shape? And how does one get so out of shape when one walks all over a hospital and is on one's feet all stinkin day long?!? I don't get it. Plus, I'm exhausted when I get home and I'm immediately ready for bed! Please, someone tell me this will get better! I mean, from experience from years past, I know it will. I'm just waiting for it!
So, I might just be filling my blog with useful/dumb workout tips from time to time for all you people that are on a work out fad with me!
Work Out Tip #1: Music helps! A lot! Fast music to get you going. Especially when your tred milling/biking/ellipticalling.


2 comments:
Haha, sounds like me :)
I have faith that you'll stick with this time, though. Especially, considering your motivation source ;)
Ugh! I hate working out! I'm really impressed that you're motivated to do it all by yourself. Keep it up! You'll be glad to be in shape when "The Day" arrives.
Post a Comment