Monday, February 2, 2009

Manic Monday...

Well...I mentioned in my last post that my (future) in-laws were coming in this weekend and I was sooo excited! Friday, we were going to see my little brother (ok...future little brother, but we already go by bro and sis, so what's in a few months and a certificate?) in his show that his fraternity/social club puts on. Its called Delta Na Na Na. I was very impressed by Jeremy! He did an incredible job! He got on stage by himself with only a guitar and a mic and sang "Leaving on a Jet Plane". He got the crowd singing with him and it was a great performance! Not only that, but he then got on stage as a wannabe-gangsta and rapped, as well as performed in a re-make of NSYNC! My little brother can actually dance and do choreography! Who knew?!?

Saturday, we were going to eat breakfast, head to Jeremy's dorm room to check out the hammocks (really Bro?), then head over to see the ceremony and reception site for the wedding, move on over to my house to see the wedding dress (on the human display...me!), and dinner with my fam! So, not only did I not get any sleep because the people in the apartment below us decided that 4am was a great time to play ridiculously loud music, but in the middle of breakfast I got sick! When I say sick, I mean dizzy-tired-throw up-kinda sick! So, the in-laws got to go to Jeremy's room. The wedding site got nixed. We did go to my house for dress looking and dinner. But...I couldn't try on the dress (which was very much a bummer for me) and I didn't get to eat dinner. I laid on the couch and slept! Thank goodness our parents get along or this could have been bad because Matthew was upstairs with the rest of the kids (siblings and girlfriend) playing Guitar Hero, World Tour!

Sunday was spent asleep and trying to regain strength! I even watched the Super Bowl alone! Ok...so maybe I didn't watch the whole Super Bowl...there were lots of other good things on! 

So...that was my fabulous weekend! Hope your was more exciting! Kuddos to Jeremy and Delta Na Na Na! I'm pretty proud! No kuddos to the stupid people under Brad and Mindy's apartment! 

Today, I've taken off because of sickness, but still have a million things to do! Why can't a sick day really be a sick day? :(

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Yuck! I'm so sorry that you're feeling so puny. That is terrible.

I'm super jealous that we missed the weekend. I hate it... I had no idea what Delta Na Na Na really even was, so thanks for the descrption. I hate that we missed Jeremy being awesome...

No kidding about the crazies under our apt. It's not as loud in any other room of the house but the living room. Needless to say, we're ready to say "adios" to Arbor Hills.

I wanna see the wedding dress on, and I totallly want to see the ceremony and reception site. Please, please!

We saw Pam's parents in Alabama this weekend. They talked about you and how much they love you and Matthew and how beautiful of a bride you will be. We wholeheartedly concurred. :)