Tuesday, February 17, 2009

No internet...aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

So, I spent Friday though this morning at Brad and Mindy's, taking care of Chester. While their internet worked on Friday night, for some reason, it didn't work for the rest of the time! I didn't know how much I would die without it! But, I did!

So, update: Friday night I went to Ezell-Harding Chrisitan School's Coming Home. My cousin, Kenzie, was nominated for Coming Home Court. She's a Senior and at EHCS, they don't find out who Queen and King are until that night. Well, she won!!! Whoo hoo! Go Kenzie! Or should I say, Queen Kenzie?!?

Saturday,some other young adults and I adopted a widow or widower from our church and visited with them for Valentines Day. I got a widow that I didn't know. I knew it would be a great experience, and I knew I was doing a good thing, but I was really looking forward to my date with Matthew that night more. So, I grabbed some yellow roses and a box of chocolates for my widow and showed up Saturday afternoon to drop them off, tell her we love her and appreciate her and go back and get ready for Matthew. God had other plans! 

I had that best time with my widow! I spent about an hour and a half or so with her and loved every minute! She is the sweetest lady and is a new guest on our wedding guest list. She gave me lots of advice, we talked about people we know and memories of our church, and then we talked about our lives now. It was great! I left feeling so blessed! I love when God works this way!

Saturday night, Matthew and I had a yummy dinner with a menu of: salad, stuffed jumbo shells, and garlic bread. Cooking with Matthew is probably one of my favorite things to do! We have a great time doing it! There is more giggling and flirting than most care to watch, but we have the best time! After dinner we enjoyed a "I ♥ My Cop" cookie cake I made. Jeremy and Madison joined us for a movie! We watched "Iron Man". Romantic, I know! But, we had the best time! Valentine's Day was finished off playing with Kate and showing off her tricks! (She's so smart!) All we really cared about was spending time together.

The rest of the weekend was spent with friends, and Matthew and I sitting on a questioning panel about marriage for the youth group after watching "Fireproof". The movie, by the way, is incredible! I suggest EVERYONE interested with marriage should watch it! 

1 comment:

Mindy said...

What a great weekend! (I wish you would have called. We know how to make the internet come back on...)

I'm so glad that you loved the Valentine's Widow. God is goodd! I'm also glad that you and Matthew were able to cook together, and that Jeremy and Madison came over for a fun date. I wish I had heard your advice on the Marriage panel!

PS. Thanks a million for dogsitting. It was such a relief. You're seriously the best. :)