Tuesday, January 27, 2009

27 Dresses...

Well...not quite...just around 15 or so. That's how many dresses I tried on Saturday after finding THE ONE! Yes, you did just read the right. Last Saturday, I found my wedding dress!!!

While I can't tell you much about it or post pictures of what it looks like, I can tell you that I had an amazing time finding it. Actually, it didn't take long at all. It was the first dress I saw when I walked through the doors, the first dress I tried on, and the only dress I considered from that moment on. Its everything I knew I wanted, but in a totally different way than I imagined. Now, for some of you, your thinking how dumb it is to post a blog about your wedding dress. But, for most young girls, especially me, this is one of the biggest parts of your wedding day dreams. For me, everything about my wedding day feels too good to be true and is oh-so-exciting! Adding the perfect wedding dress to the mix just takes it over the top! So, of course I'm going to blog about it! (Plus, this blog is also for my future mother-in-law and whomever she sends a copy of this to. I want her and whomever to be updated on all that happens with me and Matthew. She, being a woman, can totally understand! Plus, this just gets her even more excited to see it this weekend! Love you Elaine!)

I'm not going to lie to you when I tell you that one of the greatest parts during my wedding dress buying experience was the way it all came about and how I was treated! My mom and I went to "just look at different styles and get a price range". But when I put the dress on, magic happened! All of a sudden, I was pretty and everyone in the store wanted to oooohhhh and aaaahhhh over the dress I had on. Ok, so maybe I'm exaggerating when I say everyone in the store because that's not true, but more than just my mom and my attendant told me how beautiful I looked in it. There really were complete strangers in there for their own dresses telling me how great I looked and how happy I looked in it. What girl doesn't like that?!? The manager was also standing around helping me with the decision and helping to get me veils, shoes, jewelry, etc, to try on and get a complete picture. She talked about the feeling I had with my dress that I didn't have with any other dress that I tried on. She talked about how much that feeling means on your wedding day. Whether it was real or just talking it up to make a sale, I totally fell for it! As silly as it may sound, its like I just got engaged all over again! I think I'm going to like this wedding planning business! 

As for an update: we found a place and are checking it out and placing a deposit on it this week! There are only 3 Saturdays left in the YEAR for this place and one of those just happens to be our wedding day! God is good! Pray that it stays open until we place the deposit! Its an amazing place and ceremony and reception would be at the same location which would be so helpful to all of our out of town guests! 

Also, renovation OFFICIALLY started on the house Friday! Keep prayers all goes well. 

1 comment:

Mindy said...

YAHOO!! I'm so stinking excited about the wedding dress! That's one of the most fun parts about wedding planning, and you had such a great experience! Congratulations! (It IS like getting engaged again!) :)

I can't believe your site is open on your wedding day! It's perfect. Meant to be. Snatch that up!

I'm pumped about the renovations. It's going to be perfect.

Gosh, your future is really going to be the present, so quickly!