Monday, September 6, 2010

My Bummy Hubby...

Last week Matthew was at in-services all week. The great thing about that was that his schedule changed from 8-5, which just happens to be the same schedule as mine. Yay! We had an entire week where we saw each other every morning and when I got home from work as well! Also, because he worked on Tuesday and Wednesday, he was off on Friday and Saturday, which gave us a chance to travel to Indiana to visit Matthew's parents. I love in-service week!! Well...I almost completely love in-service week...

During Tuesday morning, they were running scenarios. During the last scenario of the day, Matthew had to "run into a building and save some injured people from a shooter".  He picked up the "injured" person and turned to leave. Unfortunately, he forgot to bring his right leg with him. There went his knee! Per Matthew, after some awful sounding popping, he found his knee cap to the side of his knee. Did you know that's not where it usually is?!

He tore is MCL and the ligaments that hold his knee cap in place. While painful as crap, we are happy to report that no surgery is needed to fix my poor bummy hubby. He has to wear a brace constantly, and has a grapefruit for a knee. While he can walk on it, he cannot put a lot of weight on his knee. He will have to go through physical therapy for the next 6-8 weeks, at least, and has been moved to light duty at work.

Good ole regular knee...

Day 1

Day 3: Yikes! Look at all the bruising!

Ugly, I know!

6-8 weeks of this...should be interesting!

Here's the silver lining in all of this: Matthew's new schedule on light duty= 9:30am to 6pm!! For the next 6-8 weeks we will actually be a real married couple for the first time in our almost year of marriage! While I'm excited, I'm slightly nervous as to what it will be like. But, I'm going to take full advantage of actually feeling like I'm married for the first time! My mother-in-law laughed that she would love to be a fly on the wall in our home the next few weeks. Especially with our move coming up. Foreshadowing the next 6-8 weeks Elaine?!

Can two people who have been married for a year, but living separately come together and be a real married couple  for 6-8 weeks? Tune in to find out...

3 comments:

Amy Tilt said...

Poor Matthew, Hope you get better! But I can totally relate to the new schedule. Our weird schedule is our normal. It's weird for Aaron to have 8-5, hmmm... after about a week or two we are ready for him to be back on our weird normal .....:)

Mindy said...

Poor Matthew! That looks TERRIBLE! Ugh, I can't imagine the pain. Glad I didn't hear that pop. I mighta passed out.

So, so, so, so excited about your new schedule-life, though! Yahoo!! Oh, I know you're going to LOVE it! You won't get tired of each other. You'll totally enjoy every minute of it. I'm so happy for you guys. A year in, you totally deserve it. :) (Although, I'm sorry for what had to happen to make that happen. You know...)

PS. Did you rearrange your furniture?? Lookin good!

Jamie Frankum said...

I'm sorry to hear about Matthew's knee. I'm sure it's not fun on his end and for you as well. But you will get to see each other a lot more which is exciting!!! I'm sure you'll love it!!!