Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Role Reversal

Yesterday was officially Day 1 of Matthew and I really being on the same schedule. I had Open House at school and got home late. Big plans for the night? Each sat on our respective couches, at Papa John's, and watched TV. Why is this blog worthy of being blogged? Because I want to rub Matthew's nose in something...

You see, Matthew says that supposedly, I fall asleep every night on the couch while we're watching TV. The man doesn't get home until 11:30pm people! But this also supposedly happens on his nights off too so...oops! He lets me sleep and then wakes me up when he goes to bed. As I go to bed, I apparently shuffle to the bed and ask, "where's my phone?" with my eyes completely closed. Matthew says that he always gets it and puts it on the night stand or bed for me. He says that I find it, turn my alarm on, and pass out almost immediately. He likes to make fun of me for this. I've tried to explain to him that I'm exhausted from teaching 10-12 2 year olds all day, and then whatever else I did (i.e.: grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry, feeding Kate, taking off my shoes, covering up with a blanket, rolling over, etc.). Really though, you teach 10-12 2 year olds all day, every day and then tell me how much energy YOU have!


Last night, Matthew moved only to do his physical therapy and to use the restroom. He was literally falling asleep as we lay there watching TV! What? Honey? Did you have  a busy day and fall asleep around 9:30pm?! Yes, yes you did! Ha! So no more making fun of me for being old!

I love you! :)

(Ok, Matthew did go to his first day of physical therapy yesterday morning as well and I'm sure he put in hard work there. But, still...)

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Ha! In your face, Matthew! It's hard to stay awake watching TV!

Heather, I feel ya.

(Although, generally, in our house, it's Brad who falls asleep, and me who is making fun of him for it.)

Jamie Frankum said...

Well Physical therapy is definitely worth it..
Definitely keep it up Matthew!! :-)