Sunday, September 19, 2010

One Year! One Year?

One year ago today we pledged our lives to one another. One year ago today I knew that I was joining my heart with Matthew's. One year ago today, I was happier than I had ever been. One year ago today, was the start of my new life joined completely with Matthew forever. One year ago, we asked that God be the center of our marriage and relationship from that day forth.

One year ago today, I had no idea the amount of joy and happiness that I would have. One year ago today, I had no idea how important it was to really join my heart with Matthew's. One year ago today, I had no idea what it really meant to be a wife. One year ago today, I didn't know how important it would be to have God in the center of our relationship; life's trials are hard, but with God and Matthew, I've walked through the fire without being burned.

I have no idea what else is in store for our future. I have no idea what happiness or trials await us. But I do know, without a shadow of a doubt, that our vows will be tested, our faith put on trial. But I have faith and hope, trust and belief, that we will do our best to keep God and each other first and foremost in our marriage.

No matter where we go, what we go through, my faith in you as my husband and our God as our Father, I am sure that we will be able to get through anything.

I love you!

Always remember:

I take you today, Matthew, to be my lawfully wedded husband.
To live with you in love and honesty from this day forth.
Through all the changes, challenges, and joys of life, 
As long as we both shall live.
For this, I pledge you my solemn vow before God, our family and our friends.

This ring I give to you as a promise of my love and devotion.
And with all my love, I pledge to you all that I am, and will ever be as your faithful wife.
With this ring, I gladly marry you and join my life to yours.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Love it.

Love you guys together.

Happy anniversary!