Saturday, January 10, 2009

Update...

I haven't blogged in so long, that all I can do right now is an update blog! How sad! I promise I'll get back into the swing of things. The engagement and holidays kinda took over for awhile. Here's the update...

-I have a new job! I'm a preschool teacher at Legacy Academy in Franklin. I really like it! I'm waiting for a position to open up at Vandy, but that could take awhile. So...I'm teaching in the mean-while. And...I do have to say, loving it! I love getting to do lesson plans, decorate my room, and teach and mold young ones! I'm a dork, I know! Right now, its pretty fulfilling. I love having a job where I fill like I'm doing something good and not just busy work! I feel like I'm constantly moving forward and not being stagnant. 
-Matthew just started a new shift. The graveyard shift. I'm not a fan! :( But, until we're married, its good because I can actually see him and hang out with him. If it were 2nd shift, I'd feel like a single engaged person! He doesn't really like it either (whoo hoo!) because he feels like a vampire. He doesn't like never seeing sunlight!
-Wedding plans were put on a pause for the holidays and for getting and starting my new job. But, now that things are semi-calm (and that is basically just words because of course its not really!), its time to jump in and go crazy!
-I love being home and getting to spend time with my friends and family. Although, I do miss my AR friends! I love being busy because I'm spending time with the people I love!
-My MOH (Maid of Honor) graduated MTSU this past December! I'm so proud of her! We had a little celebration for her and I got to spend the night with some old friends I hadn't seen in quite a long time! We had a lot of fun!
-More Canasta and more frustration has also filled our time. I beat Matthew, and basically, he cries! Poor Matthew!
-I haven't started working out yet. Oops! But I'm starting on Monday. I'm pumped! I've got a wedding dress to look good in!
-There are a million and one movies that I want to see! 
-Bride Wars
-Marley & Me
-Valkyrie
-Doubt
-Mall Cop
-Gran Torino
-Last Chance Harvey
-Taken
-Fireproof and Twilight when they come out on DVD
-And so many more...
-If you'd like to see any of the above, please let me know and I'll pencil you in! Really though, let me know, I'd love to get back into watching movies. I haven't seen any in so long! Before Christmas, I can't tell you the last movie I saw! Yikes!

I guess that's it for now!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

My, how we have missed you! I know that life is busy, but we love the blogs! :)

I'm all about some movie watching. Count me in. Let's go see Bride Wars!

Anonymous said...

Good update! Ok so we have discussed this movie thing already and you know which ones I'm dying to see too. We need to come up with a calendar plan of attack to get them all accomplished!!!

Tiffany Greenway said...

You'll really enjoy Bride Wars!! Congrats on the job! I'm a little sad that we haven't Facebook chatted in a while. I guess that would require me to stay home or at least near a computer. Miss you!!!