Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Guess what Kate did today..."

This is how we start every conversation now! We're becoming a bit obsessed with Kate. How can you resist her though?!? As promised, here are a few pictures of Kate. She is doing great! She has learned how to "down", which is lay down, and how to "hug", in addition to "sit". "Hug" is my trick. Its not super hard to get, but it is oh-so-cute! We love the cute tricks, but for now, we're going to stop trying to teach her lots of new tricks and just focus on the basics. Once those are perfect, and she's closer than I ever expected this fast, then we'll move on! 
She has such a personality! She makes us laugh so much! She jumps higher than any dog I've ever seen! Guess what Kate did yesterday...so, we tell her to "Go Potty", she pees, and we praise her like crazy! Well, yesterday, Matthew told her to "Go Potty" and she fake peed (as in squatted for a few seconds) and then ran back to Matthew for praise! LoL! Matthew and I are so happy with her! She is a great addition to our little family (that will be on September 19). Its been less than a week, but already, I can't imagine our lives without her!




Also, update on the house...renovation starts this today! AAAHHHHH!!!!! We're so excited! Its only about a month away now! Please keep the house in your prayers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

she's soooooooooo awesome! i love jeremy bringing her to school and getting to play with her! i accidentally on purpose skipped two classes and a lab yesterday to get to play with her outside on that gorgeous day before rush fair... oops?

Mindy said...

She's so smart! That's hilarious that she thought the praise was for squatting and had nothing to do with the actual pee! Haha. I'm so glad that you're loving her so much!

Anonymous said...

Awe, she is so smart and still as cute as ever! When do I get to see her new tricks???