Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Too long!

So...apparently, people are utterly upset that I haven't updated my blog since Friday, November 7! Yikes! I know, I know! I am soooo sorry! I have had multiple people request another blog. So...here you go!

I don't know what happened and why I haven't written on here...oh wait...yes I do-CRAZINESS!!! Last week was my first week in Hematology/Oncology. I love it so far! I have yet another great supervisor! I've seen and done so much already! I went to Memphis last Thursday to see St. Jude's, Le Bonhuer, and Baptist Memorial's Child Life Departments. It was so much fun! And because of this exhausting day, I only have to work until 12 this Friday! Yay! Nap time! Anyway, I learned a lot about Child Life and why I do the things I do. I saw things in these departments that I don't like that only reassured me that I'm doing things in a good way. There were also things that I saw in these departments that I will take with me in my career. So it was an all over great trip!

GiGi is doing well. She and I have an understanding now. She understands when I don't use her and she doesn't get upset anymore. She still loves me because I use her at least once a week and I use her for my 5 1/2 hour drive to and from Nashville! :)

Work out tip #2: Work out constantly. When you don't do it a lot...it gets harder!
Work out tip #3: Don't wear work out pants with hairy, HAIRY legs and a hole in the butt area! Really embarrassing, especially considering that I work out at church! Ha!

I only have 4 more weeks (including this one) left! 25 days left in AR. 18 days left in internship. Can you believe it? Remember when I boo-hooed all the time because I was so sad that I was here? Ok...so maybe my Mama was right and I think its funny now! LoL! God has always been with me and I am so thankful for that! He has answered all of my prayers, for myself and for others, in an incredible way! He is truly with me always and I love Him so much for that! I really am blessed beyond measure! 

P.S. Matthew is visiting me here in Little Rock for Thanksgiving because I can't come home! How sweet is he?!? So...because we won't have our families to cook Thanksgiving dinner for us (like always...and what will always be...) we have to cook it ourselves! I'm a little nervous considering we cook all of about 6 meals between the 2 of us! LoL! So...if you guys have any recipes for me that would be great for Thanksgiving dinner...feel free to share! Tips are including in this! :)

Love you all! I'll get better at this!


1 comment:

Cristin Claire said...

Great updates! I have lots of recipes that I can share, but I know yall are a bit picky. Let me know what Matthew will eat and I will pass them along!