Thursday, November 20, 2008

Baby, its cold outside...


Its freeeeeeezing! I have, what feels like, a mile and a half walk to work every morning from employee parking! Somehow, I show up the same time as a co-worker almost everyday! Which is fun because we get along really well and chat it up about our days. Fun. As I try to walk and talk to her, I am freezing my bum off! I have the hardest time talking (imagine that) because of the shivering that my body it doing! Its out of control, like an earthquake in Cali! ...Oh to be in warm Cali... 

Today, I took a kiddo up to the roof to see the helicopter. Cool huh? The kiddo got to sit in it and pretend fly it and see everything in and around it! And...because he did...I did too! It was neat! But, I was also on the roof...that's high. The wind was blowing and Old Man Winter was trying to push me off! I'm not into being cold. At all. It does though, make me think of the holidays and I love the holidays! 

This Thanksgiving, I can't come home. I just can't take off so many days! I have to make up every hour that I miss and since I'm already making up some days for  missing Monday, to add 16 on to that is a lot to make up, especially in only 3 weeks! So, since I can't come home, the most amazing man in the world is coming over here to Little Rock to be with me; so I won't be alone! Matthew! :) How
 sweet is he?! Matthew and I are going to wake up on Thanksgiving morning and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade in our jammies and eat cinnamon rolls. Then, we are going to ATTEMPT to cook Thanksgiving dinner. I'm not quite sure how this will go because we are NOT big cooks and we don't plan on ever becoming big cooks. We'll see! Then, I'll be home for Christmas. And now that I have another family Christmas, its even better. Holidays are joyous and I am so excited!

Let me just say, I'm bearing through this stupid cold weather until New Year's, at which point it should go away and become warm again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...Matthew is such a sweetheart!! I'm glad that he'll be there with you!!

Anonymous said...

Ok, seriously, I'm a big jealous of yall's Thanksgiving day plans. Don't get me wrong- I can't wait to see our family! However, that sounds like the sweetest time together. I can't wait to hear how it goes!