Before leaving on my journey here in Little Rock, Gerald said something amazing to me: This was to be my time to become even closer to God! This was my time to pray, read, and grow in my faith! When I started my journey, my faith was on an elevating escalator and looked like it was never ceasing! I was so pumped. But somehow, I've gotten lost again. Now, don't get me wrong, I haven't fallen into the pits of despair...I'm not going down the escalator, but I'm not going up either. I've simply turned it off and I'm standing still. I don't want to stand still anymore!
At work, there are two co-workers that I've gotten close to (as close as you can get without actually being friends because that's against the rules!), and I think they are put there for a reason. They are two incredibly strong Christians who not only have a strong faith in God, but they display it in ways that I can learn from. These gals bring their Bibles to work, actually read them (it's not for show!), come to work with verses for each other that they read the night before to uplift each other, pray for each other (and me), and just have giving, sweet, Christian hearts.
I've already discussed my blessings, but just see how much God gives that I don't deserve! He knows what I need, even when I don't. He gave me these girls, even thought I didn't need them. Or at least, that's how I'm viewing it!
I'm so nervous about tomorrow! I talked about my anxiety today, and one of them whipped out Philippians 4:6. I've read it a million times, but it has never meant more to me than now! Amazing God, amazing!
He already gave me this amazing internship, at a wonderful hospital, to work with great, sweet women, and now He's bumped it up another notch, giving me girls to keep me strong in my faith!
The God that we worship and love is an incredible, amazing God!


2 comments:
Just wanted to let you know that we miss you and pray for you often! Enjoy Thanksgiving with Matthew!!
God is SO amazing! I'm so glad that He's providing for you as well as he is, physically and spiritually. What a blessing. :)
Post a Comment