Thursday, March 5, 2009

Take 3 on getting better at this...

I had my first fitting today! I was so excited to put my dress back on! I only opened it twice while it was home. Once, just to look at it. Yes, I did just look at it,  take a deep breathe at its beauty, and put it back away. The other time was to show Elaine (future Mother) and Madison (future...whoops! Did I just say that?!? LoL!) . When I zipped it, the zipper broke! So, if I got back into, then I wouldn't be able to close it. So, I waited. I now have EVERYTHING for my dress! It was amazing and a little scary to put it all on today and see myself. I mean...its really going to happen! I'm so happy and I can't wait, but I'm also about to be Matthew's wife! But, happiness and excitement are taking over everything!

Please keep in your prayers Matthew's Grandpa, and my future Grandpa. He fell on Tuesday morning and has a Grade 1 (mild) compression fracture in the L1 vertebrae in his lower back. He is in a lot of pain, and according to stories I've heard, Grandpa in pain is a big deal! When he broke his hip, he "felt a little discomfort". And when he had heart surgery, he "could tell something happened". Apparently, he has a high tolerance for pain, so for him to be in pain means there is a lot of pain. He's expected to be in pain for the next 6 weeks. Please pray for his healing, for his pain to subside, and for Grandma in helping him recover. He does have a physical therapist coming to the house to help him recover, so pray that PT goes well too!

While your praying, just say a little prayer for Matthew and I. Pray for us while we're planning this wedding, and while I want you to pray for our wedding, please pray more for our marriage!

We're going to Indiana this weekend to visit with Don and Elaine!! So, while I am going to get better at this, sickness and now being out of town will mess that up a little bit.

Oh yes, little shout out to my cousins Brian, Shelley, Collin, and Cooper! Love you! :) 

2 comments:

Erin Howell said...

so glad you updated! :) I can't wait to see you with your dress and everything else all put together. You are going to be stunning! Have a safe trip this weekend.

Mindy said...

Definitely a lot to be praying for. Thanks for the updates. :)