Thursday, March 12, 2009

Weekend Getaway...

To Crawfordsville, IN that is! This past weekend Matthew, Jeremy, Madison, and I traveled there to hang out with Matthew and Jeremy's parents, Don and Elaine. It was Kate's first road trip and she did amazing! She sat in my lap the entire way! Now, this can't happen in about 4 months because she'll be too big. But I enjoyed it this trip. We went to IN, well...just because; no real reason. We just miss them and wanted to hang out with nothing to do. We drove up on Friday night after work; didn't get there until around 1 their time. Of course, being the sweet parents they are, they waited up. We talked until 2, and finally went to bed. Exhausted!

Saturday morning, I woke up and took Kate out. To my surprise, Don was up and 
having coffee in the kitchen. After taking Kate out, I enjoyed coffee and convo with my sweet soon-to-be father-in-law. We then went outside and played with Kate. After everyone finally woke up, we had an incredible breakfast. (I love Don's cooking!) The guys went to Wally World and the girls stayed home and chatted! The day was spent in relaxation. Well, not for Madison. She had to study for her big AP test on Monday! (Hope you did well!!!) Somehow, the guys ended up downstairs, and Elaine and I ended up in the backyard on the swing. I think we spent a couple of hours (yes, hours) there just talking. One of my favorite parts of the whole weekend! She also was very patient as I played with Kate and worked on her tricks! That night was the best dinner ever followed by a walk to Dairylicious for some dessert! Kate doesn't quite understand walking beside us and not in the road or people's yards yet, but she'll get there. The walk was fun! Not to mention I didn't feel so bad eating dessert after over-stuffing myself with dinner! The night continued on with games of UNO flash and Gossip Pictionary! It was loud to say the least! Poor Kate was so exhausted by all the playing in her Grandparents' backyard, she laid on her bed and didn't move after we got back from our walk. She didn't mind going to bed at all!

Sunday was started off by going to church, and then the usual: Pizza Hut Buffet. Matthew's favorite! We came home, watch a movie/napped and then headed off into the sunset.

I love going home, well, Matthew's home. I don't think I've ever been excited to leave. We're so thankful to have great parents. I've heard horror stories about in-laws, especially mother-in-laws. I'm so thankful to have such a great relationship with mine! Actually, if you don't have a good relationship with these sweet, sweet people, then something must be the matter with you! I'm just saying! :) I do have a wonderful family (including Brad, Mindy, Jeremy, and Chester of course!) to join in 6 months! Thank you Don and Elaine for our wonderful weekend, and for all that you do! We're so lucky to have you! We love you so much!

P.S. I feel incomplete without mentioning Brad and Mindy in the family post! They were busy getting their house ready to move into! Keep praying everything goes well and that they get to move in this weekend! Yay!! We missed you guys!

Kate the Great!
Kate fighting with Uncle Jeremy! She really wouldn't let go!
The "Pose"
Matthew walking Kate!
Our Family!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Yea! I love this post from beginning to end! (Besides the fact that I'm so super jealous...) I'm glad you guys had a wonderful time. We really do have a great set of in-law's, don't we? Very blessed... I really loved all the pictures! I laughed out loud when I saw even Elaine doing The Pose!! AAHHhahahahahaha. Kate is wonderful, and your family of three is perfect. :)

Oh, and thanks for the shout out. We really missed being there, too. This is the second time everybody else was together w/o us. I kind of hate it.

Anonymous said...

i looooove the first pic of kate. i mean all of them, but the first is my fave. and yeah the test went.... you know... ok... welp. uh bye!