Last weekend, my family celebrated with my Uncle Chuck and Aunt Jo Jo their 50th wedding anniversary! They met, dated, were engaged, and married all in 3 months! And 50 years later they are more in love than ever, and have more faith in God than anyone I know! These two people are more important to me than I can put into words!
We started by just visiting with family and friends. (And Matthew got to meet the rest of the family that he hasn't met yet! Including the Great Aunts who are oh-so-special and weren't afraid to express their special love for me and how he is lucky and better know it!) The church was decorated with Jo's wedding dress, and tons of pictures of the two of them and their family. There was also a wedding cake and grooms cake to go along with all the goodies!
After time to eat and chat, my Uncle Chuck starting things off my giving a speech. He thanked everyone for coming. He quickly jumped into talking about Jo and how special she was. He talked about how beautiful she is and that he would simply die without her. To which, she cried! He thanked his children and grandchildren and talked about how thankful and blessed he was to have them. Then, he bragged on our family for awhile. Then thanked our church. To finish it off, he talked about how amazing God is; how nothing could be done without Him. Uncle Chuck and Jo have an incredible faith in God that surpasses everything else. This wonderful man has read the Bible a million different times; has literally 1500 or so people that he does Bible study with around the world; has been a deacon for more years than he can count; gave up being an elder to be with his family; and while he reads the Bible and prays everyday, he still finds something new that God is telling/showing him. Amazing!
Then, we watched a video of my sweet Uncle Chuck and Aunt Jo. I cried, my Daddy cried, even Matthew teared up! The whole place cried! It was so sweet! I asked Matthew if we could have that, he agreed. (Good thing, because I was planning on it regardless! LoL!) We've decided that divorce is not in our vocabulary. We are putting our trust and faith in God first and foremost.
I'm amazed to see two people so in love after 50 years! Its beautiful! Congrats Uncle Chuck and Aunt Jo!!! You are two of the most incredible people I know. I admire you more than I can express. If Matthew and I are half the couple, parents, siblings, uncle/aunt, friends, and Christians you are, then we will be just fine!


1 comment:
What a great testiment. I'm glad that you and Matthew have examples like them in your life. They truly are an inspiration to everyone that knows them.
Post a Comment