Friday, December 19, 2008

"Heather Huddleston, will you be my wife?!"

This was the beginning of a whole new part of my life! Last night, Matthew proposed to me, and of course, I said YES!!! Well...I nodded and cried; I was speechless. Here's the story of the most amazing night of my life...

We had planned on going to the General Jackson last night. He told me to be ready at 6:15pm and he would pick me up. Well, everyone had been acting weird and I knew I was getting proposed to, but that's all I knew! I was so upset because I couldn't figure out what to wear! (I'm a girl, forgive me!)

At 6:15pm or so, the door bell rang. Being me, I was running late. I ran down the stairs, trying to put in my earrings in at the same time, and yelling for him to hold on. I opened the door; to my surprise, it wasn't Matthew. There was a white limo in front of my house and the driver standing in my doorway with a beautiful white box with a big red bow on it. I opened the present, and the first thing I saw was a card. The card read, "I think you will look gorgeous in this. Love, Matthew." I ripped through the red and white tissue paper to a beautiful black dress, cardigan, and earrings! I ran upstairs with my Mom right behind me, and began to change. After getting ready, and with my Mom's blessing that I looked beautiful, I left with the limo driver.

When he opened the door, a Dave Barnes' song, "On a Night Like This", was playing. Tears began to feel my eyes! I sat in the limo, alone, and to my surprise, there was a TV and DVD player. The TV had a picture of us and the line, "One Question...". It said, also, "Press Play". I pressed play, and the tears began to flow even more! It was a slideshow of pictures of us (which I'll be glad to show anyone!), with a song from Moulin Rouge, "Come What May", playing in the background. We pulled into church and my heart fluttered!

The sidewalk leading up to the cafe was roped off in white lights. I walked up the way and  into the cafe. When I stepped inside, well, words cannot describe the emotions coming over me!

The room was filled with hundreds of candles, literally. Matthew was standing on the stage smiling his beautiful smile at me...I melted! There was a path of candles leading up to him. In between the candles were rose petals. Another Dave Barnes' song, "I Have and I Always Will" was playing. (This is the song, P.S., that we will dance to at our wedding as our first dance!) I walked up to him, and with tears in both of our eyes, he picked me up and hugged me. I cried...a lot...and then he set me back down. He told me that there was a candle for each day that we've been together (I think this is almost 600, you'll have to ask him for the exact amount). Then, he said lots of amazing things, that honestly, I can't remember! I know that its bad, but the crying, happiness, and emotions took over and bogged my brain! I do remember him telling me, "You've taught me what real, true love is and how to love. I know that God brought you to me. I'm the happiest I have ever been in my life!"

Then, this amazing man of mine, got down on one knee. He held open a box and said, "Heather Huddleston, will you be my wife?"
For the first time in my life, I was speechless. Literally, speechless! All I could do was nod my head ecstatically and cry! We hugged and cried, again, and then Matthew remembered the ring! Ha! We were so excited that we were REALLY getting married, that our mind shifted focus, but only for a few seconds. But, we did remember, and he opened the box. I know that I'm not supposed to brag, but it is beautiful! It is the most incredible ring ever!

We talked for a little bit, laughed a lot, yelled about how excited we were that we were really getting married and that we will officially be HUSBAND and WIFE soon! Then, we walked out of the room and we shared our excitement with everyone that was there. We left church and went to Olive Garden, where more of our friends and family met us with laughs, love, and tons of cameras!

I can't even begin to explain in words, how incredibly happy I am! I was happy before now too, but now I'm really going to marry my best friend! I have an incredible family to become a part of. My sweet family is taking Matthew in as if he were born into our family. And lets not forget, I have, by far, the best, most incredible man as my fiance in the world!

Thank you so much for everyone that helped with this, encouraged this, or prayed for us. I am so happy and so excited to see what our future holds together. TOGETHER! :)
Pictures to come!!!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Yahoo! It makes me cry every time! We're so excited, and Matthew did SUCH a great job! Yea!

Erin Howell said...

I just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you! I know you've been waiting for that day for a long time! Best of luck with all the wedding stuff. Can't wait to see the beautiful ring! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Heather, how exciting!!! All of us in Arkansas are waiting for you to drive back and show us that ring!!!! Congratulations!!! What a proposal!!!! I am so happy for you!!!
P.S. You can keep up with me and my fam at thejamesfam.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Heather, you are such a lucky girl! So sweet and thoughtful of him. But, you know, he's just as lucky and you deserved nothing less! What a beautiful story :)