I love celebrating Matthew. Its so easy when I absolutely adore him! In 2008, when he graduated from the Police Academy, we had a small little get together with just our families and closest friends.
You get the theme right?!
I wanted to do the same for this graduation as well! Where to get started? A theme of course! Hmm...so many choices. There is the obvious "police" theme, but we did that for his first graduation. A decade? Nah...those happen all the time. I wanted something special and different. Then, it hit me! Matthew has a ton of flannel shirts from his Grandpa Bob that he has just started wearing. I told him one day that one of the shirts was cute on him, and apparently, he ran with it! He now wears flannel...a lot! So, I wanted to make a theme out of that/make fun of his recent flannel obsession! (Ok...I love him, but we also love to pick!) But what do I do with flannel? Have a Lumberjack party of course! He He!
Everything was "Lumberjacky" and I loved it! Our families helped out a lot and I am so thankful that they did. The party was a success and was totally Matthew. It was laid back and simply fun! We ate pancakes and bacon, dressed in our finest flannel, and almost everyone had a beard! How you ask? Simple. Following my new "homemade obsession", we made them!
Matthew and I made the "Thank You" gifts for our guest. It was one of my favorite parts of the party.
Ok...who doesn't want their own tiny axe and logs to chop up?!
Our "Make Your Own Beard" table. I mean...aren't you tempted to make your own?
The man of the hour!
Our AMAZING pancake cook for the night! Matthew's Dad helped me out sooo much! Thanks Don!
Mehaffey Kids! We're a good lookin group of kids!
I throw an awesome party for him and this is the "Thanks" that I get?!
Our gang!
The Mehaffey family!
(Sorry...Jerm messed up the pic we thought was the "good" one. Thanks Jerm!)
Happy Graduation Honey! I am so proud of you! Can't wait for our next celebration!!


1 comment:
What a fun party! I saw these pictures on FB, but couldn't figure out what they were for. Congrats Matthew! :)
Post a Comment