Sunday, February 13, 2011

Time Flies when Life is Crazy!


Oops! It has literally been 2 whole months since I've blogged! To say, "I don't know what happened", is completely false! I do know what happened. Life happened!

We had Huddleston Christmas, Merritt Christmas, and Mehaffey Christmas (yes, we're spoiled!). No worries - we found a Christmas card to send out. I know that many of you lost sleep over this issue. But have no fear and get full nights of good sleep now. We found a funny little card that expressed us and our boring little life, that, thanks to Shutterfly, was FREE!!

I've made it through a couple of stomach bugs - not much fun.

Auburn won the National Championship!

I started Grad school! I am attending Lipscomb University (again) in their Master of Arts in Learning and Teaching program. I will graduate in August of 2012! I will be certified to teach K-6. To say that I am excited is a complete understatement! Working full time, attending Grad school, and trying to do everything that I/we do is already posing to be difficult. Well worth all my stress to come!

We had a fabulous Valentine's Day! I know your confused considering that Valentine's Day is actually tomorrow. Since Matthew worked this weekend and will work through Wednesday, and I have class next weekend, we celebrated our Valentine's Day on Thursday! Luckily, this ridiculous weather that Nashville is having, gave us almost an entire day together! It was wonderful and I enjoyed every second!

Let's discuss this weather. I have lived in Nashville my entire life (minus the 4 long months in Arkansas) and we have NEVER had this much snow that I can recall. Growing up, we begged for snow days and never received them. It was slightly traumatizing. Granted, these poor kids nowadays will be in school until July 4th, I am ever so jealous of all the snow. It's not as much fun as an adult. I still have to work! Through all this silly snow, I've had 2 snow days. The first: Matthew and I celebrated with our favorite kiddos, the Hesselrodes! We went and played with them. We sledded, made snowmen, had snowball fights, and ate a ton of snow! It was So. Much. Fun! The second snow day was our Valentine's Day. It. Was. Fabulous!

Probably the biggest news I have to share with you in this (long awaited) update is about Matthew.

He graduated from college!!!!!

I am so proud of him! He left Kentucky Christian University when he moved down to Nashville for the summer in 2007 to live with Brad and Mindy. During that summer, he may have met and fell in love with this precious blonde in Nashville and decided to attend Lipscomb University. (Psst...I hear she's wonderful and adorable, but you can decide that for yourself.) In Nashville, he decided to pursue his childhood dream of being a Police Officer. He graduated from the Police Academy on November 3, 2009, and being a Police Officer has taken over his life. (As well as marrying that wonderful, adorable, chic woman in a fabulous wedding...I heard.). He had ONE class left in order to graduate. He finally took that last class in December and finished in January. He is a college graduate!! I am so proud of him! Look for post for his Graduation party to come!

Thanks for your patience and letting me get our lives in order. It's a crazy, whirl-wind life and we're loving everyday!

1 comment:

Jamie Frankum said...

I'm so glad you guys got to spend a couple days together! That means a lot especially with busy schedules. :)

I'm also proud of Matthew for finishing college. Way to go!!! I'm sorry I missed the party. I totally forgot about it. :( I'm sue it was a blast and can't wait to see pics and posts. Love ya two!