Monday, April 4, 2011

Babies Are A Piece of Cake...

A few months ago, Matthew and I babysat for some of our best friends, Adam and Gena. Adam and Gena have 3 kiddos - Davis, Abby, and Ethan. We adore them. In fact, we are "Aunt Deuce" and "Uncle Matthew/Deuce/Awesome". Let me explain: Matthew has just been Uncle Matthew for awhile, but then Ethan started calling him Deuce as well, and he doesn't like it. So he's pushing for Uncle Awesome. Unfortunately, its catching on...uh oh!

I've babysat for them several times. Typically, I babysit for all 3 kiddos by myself. (I have a whole new appreciation for Mommies!) The kids are AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL for me. They are very well behaved and we have a great time! But 3 kids from ages 6 to 1 is more difficult than Gena makes it look. But this time, it was just going to be me and Ethan because the older kiddos were with friends and Matthew had to work. I was excited to hang out with my little buddy!

Matthew and I picked up Ethan before Matthew had to go to work, and went to lunch. It was very weird to get out of our car, grab a kid from the back seat, a sippy and some wipes, and get a seat for "two and a highchair, please". After a fun lunch, Matthew decided to take the day off (he actually had it off, but was going to go in anyway) and hang out with us. We came home and all took a nap. Well, Ethan took a good nap, I took a semi-nap. And Matthew? Well, did you know that babies make a lot of noises while they sleep? We woke up so many times during our nap, that Matthew eventually gave up and played XBox.

Waking up to a baby crying=weird! After nap, we jumped into playing. I tried to interest Ethan in playing in whipped cream and homemade play-doh. I learned that Ethan isn't so into getting dirty and didn't like my ideas.

Doesn't this look like fun?! He couldn't wait to jump in. See those precious little hands?

And then he did. "Eh...nevermind!"


We settled for following Katie Bug around yelling, "Woof Woof", which is what Ethan calls all dogs, and playing with Ethan's toys. It was funny to watch Katie Bug flip out as well - she didn't know what to do with this little person. She wasn't herself and I'm happy to know I'm not the only one in our little family that isn't ready for kids yet. She did come around and finally calm down. She is awesome with the kids, but she is very and easily excited. The more she's around them, the more she gets it and calms down faster. She does like getting attention. See my cute little buddies?

I've commented several times that Kate is enough kid for us. When we need to leave, or she is getting too much, we just put her in the kennel. Well...apparently, we can do that with Ethan too. Maybe kids aren't so bad!

Ok...Ok...I have to make sure you know that we never really put him in there. He crawled in on his own. We just laughed and took pictures like good Aunts and Uncles do! :) 

1 comment:

emily said...

haha! cute! looks like you guys had fun! :)