Monday, November 22, 2010

Domestic Goddess...

One of my goals in life, is to become a Domestic Goddess. I want to be creative! I want to sew, paint, write, and cook with the best! Unfortunately, I did not receive ANY of these traits from my family. Don't get me wrong, my family possesses all the traits that I desire...they just took them for themselves! Thus, I have to work really hard to get there. No Au Natural for me!

I have recently found a blog that I kinda like am obsessed with! This chicka is super cute and super creative! She can look at things for what they can become, not just what they are. I'm trying to get there. I really liked one of her wreaths that she made. It was simple. Coffee filters. Why can't I just think of that?

I've decided that in the middle of my thoughts and ramblings, I'm going to begin to document my journey to becoming a Domestic Goddess! Here's some projects I've worked on/are working on. The Coffee Filter Wreath project turned out successful! I also sewed 12 little Indian costumes for my class at school recently. Don't get excited, I made them from pillow cases. I basically cut and sewed hems. No biggie!

It's now Christmas! And we've just moved into our new apartment. There is more room in the apartment than the house. (Surprised? So were we!) I want more Christmas decorations, but we don't have ton of money to spend. My solution: make my own! Here's two that I've made recently...

Coffee Filter Wreath.
Added red ribbon and hung up for Christmas!
Problem: I love the wreath and now I don't know what to do after Christmas...

I bought a plaino, cheapo  green stocking from Target for just $1.
I created this with buttons from Matthew Great Great Grandmother, doilies, and a fabric marker! This came from my head...not quite as good as my new blog hero could come up with, I'm sure.
I have an old sleigh that has poinsettias on it. I'm not a fan and it stays in the Christmas box every year. Honestly, I don't even know where I got it from! Tonight, I grabbed an old can of sage spray paint and went to work. Now it's super cute and has little gold ornaments in it. Now, I like it! Also, I am making an Ornament Wreath this week. I was a little ambitious when I thought I could do 3 whole projects after work, grocery shopping, cleaning, and taking care of The Pup.

Remember, I'm a Domestic Goddess in training!

So there you go...future project blogs to come! 

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Good for you! I'm completely impressed! Those crafts look great! (I especially love the tree made of doilies!) Keep it up. I'm not as creatively ambitious as you, so I need your inspiration. :)

Erin Howell said...

I LOVE the coffee filter wreath! i may have to hit that up soon!
PS. you can totally still have the wreath up after Christmas! :)

Jamie Frankum said...

love the wreath and stocking! great job!