No Christmas until Thanksgiving!
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE CHRISTMAS!! I just hate that other holidays get trampled over by Christmas! Soon, we'll be putting out the Christmas stuff right after the 4th of July! Not. Cool. So, I have decided to respect each holiday. Growing up, as soon as we finished eating Thanksgiving dinner, my cousin and I would crawl into the attic (and/or our parents) and get the Christmas tree (yes, fake) and decorations down. Everything would go up that night! This is one of my favorite memories growing up.
But this year, I'm debating going ahead and putting it all up. I've gotten nothing but crapo from friends, family, and Matthew. And they make a great point: Christmas should be celebrated for as long as we can. Not just 3 weeks or so. Why do all the work to put it up, only to take it down just 3 short weeks later.
Should I give in? Should I start enjoying Christmas now? Will I forget Thanksgiving?
| First Mehaffey Christmas 2009 (in our first home...we'll miss you fireplace that was perfect for setting up Christmas!) |


4 comments:
GIVE IN! :) After all, for me, Christmas IS a season to still be thankful. Thankfulness shouldn't end on the last Thursday of November :)
Yes, yes!! Put it up! Let the Christmas begin!! The only reason I'm holding out is because we're hosting Thanksgiving, and I don't think we should have a tree in our pictures. ..or should we?? The pictures will go out in our Christmas card after all... Oh! I might have a loop hole! :D
No, No, No...Christmas can't come up till Thanksgiving is over!! That is so fun to get all that out after a great turkey dinner. Yes, respect each holiday on its own. BUT hearing the Christmas music everywhere does make it tempting...
I say do what you want! I love Christmas and I have never wanted to put christmas up until after Thanksgiving but there is that point about only having it up for three weeks. SO, do what you want. It will look great I'm sure. I'm holding out but Thanksgiving if just two days away so it will go up soon in my house. haha.
Post a Comment