Tuesday morning, I woke up as normal. Got ready and was, of course, running late. To add to it, it was raining like crazy! Of course, everyone else was running late too and we were all sitting in traffic together. Some of us didn't like it and were very rude, and some of us were patient and kind. I like to think that I was the latter. But, either way, I was finding my way to work. Because I was sitting in ridiculous traffic, I found a new way to work thanks to GiGi. (You remember GiGi right?!). I finally made my way to the interstate. As I rode along, not being able to see a thing, I thought to myself, "Heather, no reason to speed, its raining really hard, and your already late!" So, I just drove at a nice, steady pace of 60mph. I know, unbelievable for me right?!
Then, I felt my car jerk a little, like when you drive over a puddle and you feel your car hydroplane a little. I thought, "Whew, that was close".
Maybe too close!
The next thing I knew, my car was being thrown around (literally), I was facing the front of the other cars, and then I was driving backwards in the ditch. The thing that gets me everytime is that...I WASN'T DRIVING! It was as if my car had a mind of its own. There was no controlling it! I thought, "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! STOP!"
Finally, it did. I cried. Called Matthew, essentially freaking him out. Called work, freaked them out. And then, like the big girl that I am, I drove myself out of the ditch. Trust me, that's impressive! God definitely had control because not only did I not hit another car, nor did another car hit me in the process, but I did no damage to my car or myself! Whew! God is Good!
Matthew likes to make jokes like, "Honey, if you really want to go off-roading that bad, I'll get you a jeep or ATV, just don't do it in your modified mini-van again." "Sweetie, next time, maybe you should total your car. We'd be able to get a new one now!" MmHmm...love you too Darling.
Just another day in my life! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh my gosh! How scary! I think your modified mini-van has special powers, I'm not sure mine would cooperate. I'm glad you are ok AND can laugh about it.
So glad you're alright! Close calls are a little too close for comfort! Shew!
Aww...I'm so glad you are alright! Silly Matthew but hey, gotta laugh sometimes. It's what keeps us young! :)
Post a Comment