Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Matthew!

Yesterday, Matthew turned 24!! Yes, I did slack on my wifely duties and I'm not posting until today...wa wa waaa. But still blog worthy!

Unfortunately, Metro Nashville Police Officers have been put on emergency duty due to the flooding in Nashville: 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week. Forget regular days off, vacation days, sick days, etc. My sweet husband had to work on his birthday, which is was normally a day off anyway! Only Matthew would work all this OT and not complain! Sweet man!

Don't worry, we didn't overlook the day...I woke up at 3am on Wednesday morning, when Matthew got home, and we had a mini celebration - complete with a scavenger hunt, favorite dessert, and present! We'll just have to save the pinata for another time when we can do this birthday right!

Matthew, I'm so proud to be your wife! You have a compassionate heart, and a serving heart - always putting other people before yourself. Your a strong, Christian man - funny, talented, and of course, the most handsome man I know! I can't wait to see what is held for us in our future!

Thank you for all that you do for us, our families, our friends, and our city!

Happy Birthday Matthew!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Dah, dah, dah, dah..... HAP-py BIRTH-day!!!!