While my (amazing) husband has been hard at work, our grass has been hard at work...growing! ALL the rain we've gotten has acted as vitamins for our grass. Kate has to put on a Safari hat and take protection in order to go potty! There are literally two dead spots where she has used the bathroom over and over and over again! I can't bother Matthew to cut the grass because of all the work he's putting in due to the recent flooding. So, I decided today, to cut the grass myself!Now, if you know me...you know that I'm a total girly-girl! Cleaning house, cooking, and decorating I can do. Cutting grass - well, I've never actually even tried that before! My Mamaw cut the grass in my household growing up. My Aunt JeanCa cut the grass as well. So, I thought, "Really? How hard can it be? If they can do it, I can do it!"
I called Gerald ("adopted Dad" and landscaping extraordinaire) to get some tips. He, sweetly, gave me tips and didn't hesitate to add, "Sweetie, I'm coming to cut grass on that side of town Friday or Saturday. I can come cut it for you". I thanked him and promised I would call if I couldn't do it. OR, if it looked terrible and I needed him to come fix it. :)
And...I did it! I cut the front yard AND the back yard! Matthew forbid me to try our massive hill or use the week-eater. So, with the exception of the hills, our yard looks great! In my amateur opinion, of course! What do you think?


3 comments:
haha you are hilarious! looks good!
Way to go!
hey lover, i love the yard. you have a true gift!
Post a Comment