Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday Morning Traditions...

Matthew and I have started a Saturday morning tradition...
Pancakes and Bacon!!

We started this not long after we were married and it's something that we've done every Saturday morning that we're home! I cook the pancakes (on our amazing griddle, I might add) and Matthew cooks the bacon. (Ironic huh?) Occasionally, we invite friends and family over to share in our SMT, but most mornings, it's just us. Matthew laughed this morning that our other SMT is: me getting really quiet, looking at him, and telling him how much I love him and how much I love this (SMT). Apparently, I do this all seriously. For some reason, it hits me every time that we have our SMT, that we are so lucky. How lucky are we to have a place to live, food to eat, each other, and our amazing God with us through it all. How lucky are we that we can make these memories and smile at them when we're old and wrinkly. I can't wait to share this SMT with our kiddos -  in years to come...don't get any ideas!

This morning, we carried our Saturday morning tradition to the deck. It was so beautiful outside, that we enjoyed our breakfast there. Kate loved it too because we were more open to throwing her pieces of bacon. hehe! It was so nice to enjoy the warm weather! I'm loving it! I wish it would just stay warm for good! Come on summer!!

Enjoy and treasure all the little things. All the memories your making.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Yea for traditions! What great memories. I love it. :)

PS, I'm LOVING today's weather!!!