I have seriously slacked off here lately! I apologize! Things have been a little crazy, but wonderful too! Here's a recap...
*We had our house broken into on the 20th. Matthew was at a movie shoot with Aaron all day, and I met him there right after work. We went straight from there to church, then to dinner with my family. We came home to find our back door kicked in, our bedroom destroyed, and money stolen. Pretty crappy! We've taken multiple steps to secure our house and are in the process of a few more, but I still feel unsafe and violated! Our precious Kate is now very much a guard dog now! I didn't realize how much it effected her (she was home and in her kennel). We're ok, our house is ok; we're just trying to move on!
*We found out that Paw Paw's (Willis Waller, Pam's daddy) cancer has returned. The outlook isn't very good. He is taking treatment and, of course, in good spirits about it. Please, please pray that you will give PawPaw and Memaw a peace about this situation. Of course prayers for healing are wanted, but I think that peace is something they need more at this time!
*So, Matthew and I faced the Blizzard of 2010 to head to Opelika, AL to visit Pawpaw and Memaw because our Young Adults Retreat was postponed due to weather. Uh, hello, shouldn't that have told us something? It didn't. A trip that takes 4.5 to 5.5 hours to make (stopping for dinner that is) took us 8.5 hours! Blah! We made it, slept in a haunted house, and will remember this trip forever! We had a great time with the fam on the farm!
*The squirrell is still in our attic. Matt Yates is coming over for dinner tomorrow to hopefully get it out! Stupid squirrell! I'm pretty much sick of you!
*Had the in-laws in town this past weekend! We enjoyed Jeremy's Delta Na Na Na show, looked at Brad and Mindy's hopeful new future, got addicted to Glee, and enjoyed relaxed haning out with family (and some amazing chicken!).
*All is well with us. It has been a wirlwind of emotions and events. We are so thankful we have an amazing God who watches out for us, covers us with his merciful hand, and loves us unconditionally. We're blessed beyond measure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Whew! That was quite an update! :)
thanks for the update!
we are praying for your pawpaw and memaw....
WOW! You've had some adventures! I am so glad you are addicted to Glee...it is nothing short of awesome.
I'm sorry to hear about paw paw...I'm sure that's hard and I will definitely pray for some peace over the family. ;-)
Post a Comment