We love to have people over to the house and to cook dinner for them. (Unfortunately, I don't keep our house clean often enough to have people over that much. Oops! I do plan getting back into the groove of things.) We had our friends, Josh and Audrey, over for dinner last week. Matthew had to run to the store to grab a few more potatoes for dinner. While there, Matthew got the major urge for birthday cake. In Matthew terms: Birthday Cake = Yellow Cake with Rainbow Chip Icing. I, being the sweet wife that I am, agreed to make it for him.
Now, my family loves to eat yellow cake alone. No icing. Just yellow cake. Especially, just after it comes out of the oven. So, I fought for my half of the cake to be alone. While Matthew didn't give in at first, you'll see why he eventually gave in.
Well...you can see for yourself...it didn't turn out very well. I thought it was funny...and...Matthew did not.
I may be Heather Homemaker, but I am not Heather Crocker...just yet. This is a new New Year's Resolution to add to the list. I may be taking on more than I can handle, but I sure am going to try!
Matthew's 1 layer Birthday Cake
I was proud...
Matthew was highly disappointed...
Why I got my plain yellow cake. LoL! It didn't quite come out right...
Side Note: Uno Flash is a great new favorite game that is spreading outside of the Mehaffey family. You know you love it, you crave it...just come on over and play it!


5 comments:
haha that's awesome! The looks don't matter toooo much. just the taste. And I'm sure it was yummy!
Shoot, that works for me! One layer is better than no layer!
Glad you guys are loving Uno Flash. Holla! :)
RAINBOW CHIP icing is the BEST!!!!
I had a blast playing cards and enjoying the cake! Tell Matthew to just enjoy and be happy!
I can definitely take half the fault for that one. I didn't pick up on the whole cooking spray thing either. It still tasted great though!
Post a Comment