Monday, January 4, 2010

Aunt Deuce....

I'm sitting here in the lovely Hesselrode home. The kids are just settling down and I am wondering how Gena does this everyday! Three kids: Davis, 5 1/2 (he informed me when his 5 1/2 year old birthday was and when his 6 year old birthday was tonight), Abby, 3 and full of "Abbytude" (although, none towards me because let's face it-the kid loves me!), and sweet Ethan, 6 months! I came over to hang out with the kiddos while Gena and Adam go on a nice date for her birthday (26, 27, 28...?)!

Aunt Deuce? I'm Aunt Deuce. Abby has called me that, and probably only known me as that, since she started speaking. Davis picked it up right away. And sweet Ethan will probably never know my real name is Heather. The story isn't important...i.e. don't ask! But with these 3, I don't mind! And I think I heard those two little words, Aunt Deuce, 156 times tonight!

Now, I've babysat Davis and Abby several times before. All have gone pretty easy! But let's also think about the fact that I am pretty much a big kid myself. So, I figured, add a 6 month on...no problem!

Its fun with 3! I don't think I sat down at all tonight. I was going from "big boy"talk with Davis, to cute little smirks and jokes with Abby, to funny faces and probably looking ridiculous with Ethan! I didn't eat until the food was almost cold. Broke up sibling tiffs. Changed a lovely diaper from Ethan. Sang Bible songs - of course you could only hear me! Played with hair. Watched a cute little Disney movie that I haven't seen since I was their age. Played with castles and caught "bad guys". Tried to feed a bottle that did not want to be eaten. Read books in funny voices. And got lots of loving all throughout the night.

Actually...the night still ran pretty smoothly! They were sweet, cute, and extremely funny. They tuckered out around 8:15ish, and were all asleep by 8:45ish.

While it wasn't bad at all, I still am tired and cannot believe Adam and Gena do this everyday! I'm soooo not ready to be a mom! Luckily, we have our 3 year waiting period for me to practice on these sweet little children I love so much!

Thanks Adam and Gena for letting Matthew and I adore your children! They really are joys in our lives!

P.S. They call Matthew different names every time they see him. Tonight it was Uncle Deuce and I just couldn't resist laughing every time they said it! :)

No comments: