Feels like longer than that! But yes, my friends, it was 2 months ago today that we got married. I'm no longer the Bride, I'm just someone's old wife! Ok...ok...I'm Matthew's wife! It's great! I love it! I wouldn't have it any other way! It's just funny to think about what I thought while I was still the Bride and not the Wife...
As the Bride, I got away with everything by simply saying, "The Wedding...". As the Bride, my soon-to-be-groom jumped to help me with any and everything-no questions asked! As the Bride, I had an excuse when I was acting spoiled, neurotic, emotional, excited (waaaaaay over excited at times-can you blame a girl though?!), and whenever else I wasn't calm, sweet, innocent Heather. As the Bride, I had a vision of what married life was going to be like from dreams and what I had seen on movies/TV.
As the wife, I have a house that is not just a house-its a home. And said home isn't just me anymore. As the wife, I now have to clean after my husband or "remind" him to do things. As the wife, I can't get away with anything! As the wife, my crazy tendencies are just that...crazy! Boo! As the wife, I realized that being married is a lot more work then movies/TV and my dreams showed!
But as the wife, I get my amazing husband every night! And every night to come! As the wife, I get to decorate my new home for Christmas, cook (which, I'm REALLY enjoying!), and gain new revelations of a glimse of what my Mother, grandmothers, and aunts do all the time (and for more years than I've been alive!). More reasons why they are amazing! As the wife, I get to be just that...a Wife!
I do love being married. Its fun! No, its not exactly what you see in the movies and shows, but its real life...my life. I wouldn't change it. God is molding everything that we are today to make us better for tomorrow! Our life is crazy, simple, spontaneous, weird, boring, and its our life!
So...that brings me to my update! Here's Mehaffey moments thus far:
-Every night, I read Harry Potter-Book 2, Matthew does Sudoku.
-I totally screwed up cupcakes tonight. Who messes up cupcakes?!
-Matthew is officially in North again next year! And...in the 30s! He's so excited!
-I start my new job at Vanderbilt Children's Hospital on the 30th! (I still can't believe it! Soooo excited!)
-Kate is doing fabulous!
-In-laws are spending Christmas at our house this year! First year...first house guests...first Christmas! You'll definitely get a blog about that!
-My last day at Legacy is tomorrow!
-DVR is my new best friend.
-Hating cold weather. Love Fall...hate cold. I'm so a Summer gal!
And...that's it! So exciting, right?! Yes, we live a nice, boring life. When getting a new rug for the living room is super exciting! Thus, my friends, why I don't blog quite often! Bare with me until something fun and/or exciting happens other than the mundane-getting-a-new-rug-for-the-living-room kinda exciting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You got THE JOB at Vanderbilt?!?!?! That is so exciting!!! Congratulations!
Girl...welcome to the real world. haha. I know I haven't been married much longer than you but it is an awakening. But it's a good change and it's fun and nice not having to split at the end of the night! :) Getting that rug for the living room is exciting!!! haha!! Gotta love getting older!!
Post a Comment