Ok...so I can't write a post without telling you a story! In honor of my soon-to-be sister, I must take one for the team! Here's to you B.H.! :)
Matthew and I are trek leaders. We started with the now-Juniors when they were freshman. We have committed to them until they graduate. We pretty much love them! We call them "our kids" when we talk about them. LoL! Actually, I started with these girls when they were 12 in my cabin at camp. I had them in my cabin until they HAD to move, and after that, became their Sherpa (Trek leader for those not in on the wording). But, trek ends during the summer and we like to take that time to get some adult interaction on Sunday nights. Matthew now works on Sunday nights so I'm on my own. Boo Hoo! I decided to check out some life groups. The one I went to Sunday night was great! Not only were Brad and Mindy there, but other good friends of mine and some new guests! Yes, guests...what makes the story unfold...
So...we started the night with a great devo! God was definitely there with us. Let me just say, I kinda balled my eyes out. When I say kinda, I mean totally, embarrassingly did! I was trying to make up for it after dinner by talking with our new guests so they didn't think I was totally weird. It was time to start the dinner line and nobody wanted to go first. Being the eater that I am, I volunteered (tough job, but somebody's got to do it!). I was talking to some new friends and I made the joke, "Follow me, I'll get this started and show you how its done!". As I start to walk, excitedly of course, to start the line, I slip on water(?), my feet fly out in front of me like two preschoolers after ice cream, and I fall to the ground with a loud thud! I tried to catch myself which made the whole fall even more ridiculous. It was like slow motion: "Catch yourself Heather! Oh, wait, too late, just let go and...ouch!" Oh, and yes, everyone was in the kitchen with me at the time. And of course, I'm alone without Matthew to comfort me. Who are we kidding, he probably would have laughed the hardest! What else is a girl to do but lay there and laugh. And that's what I proceeded to do.
So, to my new friends if you happen to be reading this, I won't do that every time we meet! Don't let that influence your decision! haha!
I'm left with a beautiful bruise on my hip, an embarrassing moment in front of people I had just met and in front of people that will bring it up and laugh about it forever, but a good full belly. I still got to go first in the line. Pity, I guess!
Shout out Mindy! It happens to the best of us! We'll start a club! Love you B.H.!


3 comments:
Ahhhahahahahahaha!!! First of all, it took me until the end to understand what you were meaning by B.H., but once I realized, I literally laughed out loud! You are hilarious!!
And, while the fall was terrible (and hilarious!), nobody will judge you for it, I promise. Even though we might be reminded of the graceful decent from time to time, we'll not make you relive it along with us. Just know, that if you see us giggling to ourselves, it may be better to not ask why, for your own sake!
Love you, BH!!
hahahahahahahahahaha. Ok that's really funny. I think it's so funny because I was picturing Mindy's fall the entire time.
I better watch myself, though, or I will be next!
Oh, how I miss you!
Post a Comment