Yes...its that time again! Camp! I started camp when I was 12 and I've never left! I've just transformed from camper to counselor! Although, from time to time, I do act like a camper! I love camp! Its so much fun! I get to spend the week with amazing people. I get to soak up God in the most incredible way and come home feeling refreshed and ready to take on the world!Oh, the memories at camp! The orange Old Navy-or should I say Navy Old shorts. The green goop that was the slip-and-slip that was caked on us and then hardened in the sun! Singing around the huge campfire. Camp love: who's dating who for the week. My friends Shannon, Jessica, and Connie. Cyndi in Locust-she'll kill me if I post memories of that! Fireworks and kids getting kicked off the mountain. Duct tape. Water fights. Dig a hole!!! And...meeting Matthew!

Yep...Matthew and I met at church camp! He had just moved here and wanted to meet people. So, he became Aaron's gopher all week. I was a counselor. Too bad I thought he was married to Mindy at the time! Imagine my surprise when I found out she was his sister-in-law! :) We met, I got my girls to pound him with shaving cream, he followed me down the mountain, answered an incredibly embarrassing quiz, we had our first date that Sunday on Father's Day, and the rest is history! I love the way we met...its so odd! It just had to be God!
I was super sad last year when Matthew couldn't come! But, he's coming this year for a few days and we get to share memories again! We went from not knowing each other, and now we're engaged!
Camp will be awesome! I'll be totally exhausted when I return Friday, but it will be well worth it! Pray we have an incredible, God-filled week!
Posts to come: Matthew hit a deer-new truck! Our house (too bad Matthew won't live there till Sept)! Baby Ethan arrived (I think he'll be Baby Ethan forever!)!


1 comment:
Oh, the memories.... Have fun!!
Post a Comment