In January, I went back to school to get a Master of Arts in Learning and Teaching. To say it is constantly on my mind, is an understatement. I literally wake up in the middle of the night in mini panic attacks about all the work I have to get done. I am so excited and so nervous, all at the same time! Weird emotions! Here's updates and how its been:
- Started class in January 2010
- Passed ALL my Praxis tests this year! 4 to be exact
- Bonded with my cohort of 11. I wouldn't have made it without them
- Currently working on finishing my Culminating Project (basically a Thesis, research, and conducting my own research) that is due in December...aaaaahhhhhhhh!
- Student teaching next semester
- Graduating in May 2012!!!!
- Been amazingly supported by the hubs! Just when I think he's too good to be true, he comes through with more amazingness. Really?!
In high school, I decided to go to college because I was told that college was the only way to get a good job. I really wish I could tell you that I had a desire for learning, but I can't. I wanted a good job. Period. To see myself getting a Masters is surreal. I got my good job, and realized that I wasn't satisfied. I wanted more. I also want more than anything, to be "Mommy". My job didn't allow for that as much as I wanted. Completely doable, but not how I hope for. So, I went back to something I've been pretending to do since I was 5 years old. Something I've loved, but suppressed.
I want to teach! I want to see those light bulbs go off over my students' heads. I want to be for students what I was blessed to have in my life. A love for learning developed when I found my passion. I love learning about learning! I love learning about how I can be a more effective teacher. (I hope I'll be an effective teacher...)
I'd love prayers for my family. Our life has been a little strained because of school, and will be next semester, especially. Prayers for patience, understanding, and for us to remember that God is in control.
Mrs. Mehaffey, here I come!


No comments:
Post a Comment