Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Family...

I will continue my recap posts, but this was fat too moving to ignore.

Friday night, Matthew and I saw the movie Courageous. To say it was moving, is an understatement. Because it is so new, I won't discuss the movie as much. I will say this: you need to see it. It has such a powerful message for today's fathers, husbands, and men. It speaks to the importance of family in today's world. In a world where family is lost. Families that are broken, hurting, and forsaken. Families that break apart simply because divorce is so easily attained. Families that are broken apart because of selfishness.

What is forgotten is how much children need families.

I'm not saying that family must be a single unit, living in a single house. Because that isn't always the case. And I love that the movie Courageous, speaks to this as well. But the family must work as a whole unit, for the sake of the children. The leaders of the family should put the needs of the family before each individual need. Our children have to be taught what unselfishness is; What a family should be. How do they learn it? From what they see lived out in front of them. I learned that although I didn't have a typical family, I was loved, I was wanted, and sometimes, it wasn't about me and my needs. It was about my family. I learned that family was important; family came first.

No matter what your family looks like, be grateful for it. Whether its a husband and wife, parents with children, or you have two different homes, be grateful for it. Put the needs of your family before your own. Teach our children how to make the right decisions, how to love unconditionally, and how to love God, by living it out for them! I. Love. Family. I love my family! I want my future children to live in a world where family is loved, respected, and a norm.

Ok, off my soap-box. Thanks for listening!

Curious about Courageous? Check out the trailer here!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I can't wait to see this!