Monday, December 19, 2011

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

I can't believe its already that time again, but it is! This year has been stressful, chaotic, but so full of blessings! This has been a very important year for Matthew and I. We've learned a lot about ourselves, the people we choose to surround ourselves with, and just how much our incredible God blesses us and is with us. I've always known and trusted in God, but this year He has shown me a deeper relationship, and just how much He is in control of our lives.

We started this year off with me starting Grad school and Matthew graduating from college! I've already bragged on how proud I am of him for this accomplishment, but I can't not brag again. How impressive is my husband?

In my little head, I've had my life planned out for, well, forever. My life right now, is not what I have envisioned since forever. But to tell you the truth, I wouldn't have it any other way. I wouldn't change anything that we've gone through, or the plan that God has us on.

This year was a wonderful year for our marriage. We had the opportunity to take our first vacation together, alone. It was on this trip that we fully realized just how much we love and adore each other, and just how much time we do not have with each other. After this trip, Matthew decided to move into a different precinct and different work schedule so that, "theoretically", we can have more time together. I would appreciate prayers that this is the case. We've also been working on our marriage this year. We've tried to find ways to actively be a better spouse to one another. I have no complaints about our marriage. It's not perfect by no means, but it is wonderful and lovely. So the fact that Matthew started this new active love thing just reminds me how thankful I am that God gave me him.

We were also blessed to realize how much we need and are thankful for our friends and family. I can go on and on about how much our family and friends mean to us. But, be thankful, I won't. I would advise you (oh so many readers, ha!) to surround yourselves with strong, loyal, and hilarious friends and family. We've had so many dinners, events, and trips with them, that we cannot imagine our lives without these people. These are the people that keep us grounded, listen to our joys and pains, pray with us, support us, and privilege us to be in their lives as well. To these people: we thank you for allowing us to be a part of your lives, thank you for being a part of ours. We couldn't make it without you.

I'm thankful as well for my new job and for my education. I went to college for the sake of going, now I'm blessed to attend Grad school because of my passion. I'm so excited to teach and pray everyday for God's guidance as I go into this new career. I'm also thankful for my new job. I quit my full time job and became a sub for a preschool in Hendersonville. This move has been the biggest blessing ever!! I adore my coworkers and children that I work with. I'm thankful that God gave me this as well.

As you can see, it has been a good year. I'm not going to dive into the frustrating, stressful, and chaotic because I believe that those moments are what make us. Yes, they suck. No denying it! But they make life so much sweeter! Am I crazy? Yes! Am I happy despite all the bad because of all the good that comes along with it? Yes!

I hope you have had a fabulous year as well! Remember to treasure the good times and trust in God during the tough times. He is in control! Aren't we all thankful for that?!

No comments: