Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Rude Awakening...

Matthew and I have experienced 10 months and 2 days of marital bliss! One of the biggest things that has been so exciting, but taken some getting used to is sleeping in the same bed. We have it down to a routine that happens every night.

I fall asleep on the couch, and after Matthew is done with watching TV, XBox, reading, or whatever, he wakes me up to go to bed. This is usually somewhere between 1am and 2am. Per Matthew, I walk into the bedroom without opening my eyes, ask for my phone (which is always on the bed or nightstand thanks to my honey), open my eyes just enough to set my alarm, and then pass out again. Apparently, this happens the same every night. We've gotten pretty used to sleeping in the same bed. Although...

There have been times where Matthew has tried to kill me while I sleep. Take for example the first incident that happened: In the middle of the night, I am awakened to a pillow being thrown on my face and Matthew laying on top of it. Cool! I've been hit in the shoulder, stomach, and kicked a couple of times. And all this in our first 10 months!

I share this with you because it leads up to this morning. Sorta. This morning, Matthew didn't try to kill me, he was just plain rude!

I was awaken at 6:15am (my alarm goes off at 6:20am, you can imagine how upset I was) to my pillow being yanked, yes, YANKED out from under my head. I look over to see Matthew all snuggled up with it! Thanks Honey! I slapped his arm and then stole my pillow back!

How rude!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Okay, I can't say much, because I'd totally steal Brad's pillow if I got the chance.

Jamie Frankum said...

LOL...that must of been fun!!! haha!!!