Do I have kiddos? No! But already, I'm an experienced potty trainer!
That's what teaching 2 year old does for you! I've learned so much by being a nanny, child life specialist, and preschool teacher. Sometimes, I think to myself (and often times voice outloud) that because of all the experience I have, I don't want kids! (Don't freak out Daddy and Don/Elaine: Matthew and I will, hopefully one day far far into the future, have kids.)
Right now, I'm experiencing potty training. To Daddy and Mamaw: thank you for spending hours sitting beside me while I sat on the potty trying to go. Thank you for taking me every hour. Thank you for doing dances and cheers and praising me for "going potty". I take it for granted this little ability that I learned at 2. While teaching these kiddos colors and shapes, I also teach them manners, to eat with spoons and not hands, to talk/put sentences together, and now...to potty.
It's weird how much we have to teach these little kiddos before they grow. I take for granted that all the self help skills I have, I learned from someone.
From potty training I've learned:
-patience is a virtue!!!
-when you have that gut feeling that you need to do something, listen to it!
-you don't know it all automatically-"training pants" are always good to put on every once in awhile
-praises go a long way
-everyone learns differently, just because you learn with M&M's doesn't mean that the guy next to you doesn't learn with stickers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Those are all very good lessons! :)
Post a Comment