Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Date Night...

Ok...so typically, I don't post blogs about our date nights because, well, let's face it...who really wants to read about our date nights?! :) But...last night was pretty ridiculous!

So...I've been whining to Matthew that we haven't had a date night in ages! I already feel like an "old married couple" and we've only been married for 8 months! The problem is...we only have 2 nights and 2 mornings together (note the use of the words night and mornings - never full days; also note that one of the nights is Wednesday and one of the mornings is Sunday, which are church days - you do the math and figure out how much time we get...).  Now that I'm starting school (more on that later), I've been whining about having even less time with each other.

My dear sweet husband decided to take advantage of a free Tuesday night and make it a date night! After a great dinner, we went to the mall to waste time before the movie. My dear sweet husband, who I think was going crazy at this point with giddiness, decided to drive circles around the mall. He thought it would be funny to stop suddenly at each stop sign, and then take off so fast that the tires spun. Really Matthew?!

I finally convince him to stop doing stupid circles and actually enter the mall. After shopping around a few "girly" stores, Matthew was begging for some MANliness. So, I obliged to go into Brookstone for some gadget viewing. We walked around the store for awhile and made our way around to the tempur-pedic pillows. The boxes have holes for you to feel the pillow. So...I did. When I barely touched the pillow, the entire wall - yes, entire wall- of pillows and shelves came toppling down on top of me. Doesn't that only happen in movies/shows? Well...apparently to me too! The manager and associate rushed to check on me and pulled the shelves off of me. Matthew grabbed me, and whisked me out of the store. Awkward!

After what can only be describe as a "freak accident", we finally made our way to the movies. Apparently, on Tuesday nights, you can get $1 popcorn! It's the perfect size! The excitement of $1 popcorn and seeing Robin Hood came over me. We found our theater and heard loud music. We walked in to see - what looked like, to me - the beginning of the movie. As Matthew whisper-yelled, "No, its the credits, Heather", I dragged him through the theater, across the audience, and found seats. I then realized, he was right. It was the credits rolling. I blame it on shelves and pillows almost knocking me out earlier.

Matthew says we should have our own reality show.

1 comment:

Jamie Frankum said...

LOL....that does sound like something that only happens in movies. I'm sorry it happened to you. Glad you were there in time for the movie though!! ;-)