Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Trekies and Family!

Ahhh...the internet! We've been paying for it for over a month now and have yet to have it. Not ok! We have only had the land line for a week or so. (Land line but no internet...makes sense right?!?) I came home today to find Matthew's computer sitting on the kitchen table! The heavens opened and down came singing from the angels! Ok...not nearly as much as when the blissful wedding day is discussed, but singing still! But...my family (Gerald, Pam, and Isaac) were coming over for dinner! This is the first time, so, obviously, it had to be good! Basically, no time to play on my long-lost-friend - Mr. Internet! So here I am at 11:31pm!

Our little home has been quite busy lately! After being miserable and sick for the past 2 weeks, the house was a wreck! I was forced back into gear this past weekend by the thought of having 12 people in my house on Sunday night! "What? Why so many? Who? Why wasn't I invited?" - Is probably what your thinking. Trust me, we'll have you ALL over for dinner sooner or later! (The way we're headed you should just start a calendar for Tuesday nights!) Sunday night was dedicated to our Trek group! So, Saturday was spent cleaning and organizing, and decluttering my husbands "great ideas"-read last blog!

As you know, Matthew and I work with our youth group! On Sunday nights, the youth group is separated into grades and they have home groups. Each grade is called a "Trek". The leaders are called "Sherpas". Thus, we have Trekies and we are Sherpas!

Our Trekies came over Sunday night. We had planned to only have 6 (only 6 usually come), and 6 adults. But, to our great surprise, we had 10 Trekies! While a little stressful because we have a cute, quaint, cozy little home, as I like to put it. We were surprised that 16 fit! We had a fire going in our fire pit outside (thanks Jerm and Madison) and not only did the kids eat out there but they made smores as well! Yum! We had a great night and a great turn out! God is good!

Then, tonight, dinner with the fam. I was, of course, a little stressed. Company coming over. And for the first time! Now, I did promise Matthew I wouldn't go crazy when company comes over. Oops! First time doesn't count! Lol! Remember when I said Matthew and I like to cook? Well...try to cook?

Dinner menu: Dijion chicken (grilled), zucchini, fried squash, mashed potatoes, and rolls. Dessert: Sopapillia Cheescake (curtesy of Audrey Lively!).

How did it go? Great! Even though it poured on my poor little hubby! It rains every time he tries to grill! I don't know what God is trying to tell him, but Matthew obviously isn't getting the hint because tonight there was no rain before grilling, downpour during the grilling, and nothing after. Seriously? I felt so bad! But my soaked little hubs did a great job!

Two big nights in one week! I'm exhausted! But very happy to be blessed and to have a cute, quaint, cozy little home to share. Its tiny, but it has lots of love!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Yea! So happy that you have the internet!! Welcome back! Can't wait to get more regular blog updates. :)

Glad trek went well. Knew it would. You guys are so great.

How fun to host dinner for your family! That has to be a pretty cool feeling. I know how proud of you they all are.

Love you!