Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Playing House...


One month ago yesterday, I married my best friend and love of my life! (Of course, I'm sure you can hear "Hallelujah Chorus" being sung by angels too, right?!)

We then went to paradise for a week! Amazing doesn't even begin to describe our honeymoon! We didn't pay for a thing, except for Matthew's outrageous tipping! We swam with dolphins, saw one of the 7th Wonders of the World, ate amazing french fries, relaxed, and just enjoyed the fact that we're married! FINALLY!

Then...we came home.

I had a boy move in with me. Talk about coming back to reality. He moved in. Crammed and cluttered everything he could into our guest bedroom closet and in the corner of the room. Not to mention the comment that shook my existence..."The couch looks great in here doesn't it? (Speaking of the office) And look...there's some space between the couch and the wall. It makes a perfect corner to store stuff in!"

What?! Does he even know the woman he married?!

Then, we had to merge bathroom shelves, our clothes got merged in the laundry, and everything in between!

But...the funny thing is, it was easy! I didn't wake up in the middle of the night freaked out as to who was in my bed. I did laundry with ease. I got to clear out things that I really didn't use all that much in order to make room for Matthew. So far, its been easy!

We're basically playing house!

We love cooking! Even when it doesn't really work out all that well...we love trying and learning how to cook it! Matthew is now turning into a grill master with our new unbelievable grill given to us by Matthew's parents. When getting ready to go to bed, he reads the newspaper or does Sudoku, and I read Harry Potter. (Yes, Mindy and Nancy...you gals read right! Almost done with Book One!) We get to ride together to church. When we hang out with friends or go on a date, we don't have to separate at the end of the night. I know all these things sound silly, but for me, its the little things that I love the most! He cooks, cleans, and is the sweetest man alive! ...more bragging to come...

Since our perfect wedding day, we've been asked the same line of questioning by basically everyone: "How's married life?"

The answer I've given everyone, the answer that is the best explanation for the blessed life I'm living right now, is that we're playing house!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Yea!! I hope you guys never stop playing house! Married life seriously is SO FUN! I'm glad you're loving it. Knew ya would. :)

And all those little things that you love... keep loving them. They make a marriage.

Oh, and tell me about this Harry Potter business!! Are you sold, yet, or what!?! Holla!!!

Andrea said...

I'm so glad that married life is awesome for yall! I'm so happy for you Heather! p.s. when you write it's as if you were sitting right next to me, it sounds just like you talking...I love it!

emily said...

yay! married life is so fun!!! so happy for you guys!
ps...so funny when you talked about him stuffing things into corners...i laughed out loud! that would give me a panic attack. ha!

Kelly said...

You looked gorgeous! So glad you are enjoying married life...it really is fun. I always say it's like having a sleepover with your best friend....every night. :) By the way...how did you make your blog header? I pretty much love it.

Kelly said...

I have a blog award for you! http://lifeasaswindell.blogspot.com/2009/10/thanks-to-sarah-at-sarah-ruth-today-for.html