
Izzie is my car. My beloved car that I got as a graduation gift from my Daddy. Yes, I am a very lucky girl! Izzie's full name is Isabella. She was named by Haley and Hannah. They named Sally, my little red Honda; so it only seemed right that they name my new car. Thus, Izzie.
So, because I received my car as a gift, somehow the universe decided that wasn't fair. The universe decided that I needed to pay for it. So, this is how Karma got me back!
My car started vibrating and sounding funny. I figured that I needed to to get my tires aligned/rotated. A couple of days before I was going in to get them aligned/rotated, I found a little problem. I drove home one night and discovered the smell of burning rubber. I then (with the help of Gerald) found a hole, yes a hole, in my tire. I went in to Steve Bass/Bass Tires to get one tire. Just one. I found out that I needed all 4. I could also not get them 1 at a time. Cool!
Now, I have new tires. Good, right? Well...not exactly. The vibrating was still happening, and getting worse! I need to get my tires aligned still. So, I went in to do that on Wednesday. I found out that I needed 2 new tire bearings. Joy! I get the tire bearings and alignment (of course I still needed the alignment!), and found out that I have a bent tire rod and something wrong with my sensory thing. What?!?
Steve told me to wait about a week or so and come back in. But, my car would visit him long before he expected...
I got my car back on Friday morning. On Friday night, I was driving home from a friend's house. I saw smoke trailing me in my rear view mirror. I thought, "Its just fog." Ok...not my smartest move! I kept driving and then my car started jerking. I pulled over...on Briley! Yikes! Ok now, its 1:30am at this point! I call Matthew to come and help me since he's a cop and has a gun and all. hehe! My friend, Shan, meanwhile, is right there because I had just left her house. Thank goodness I wasn't alone! God knows how to protect!! After waiting for the tow truck guy for 30 min, he informs me that he cannot tow my car with this specific tow truck because my car is all wheel drive. We try to drive it and he follows me. It starts again and we have to pull over. (Actually, Matthew drove my car and I drove his.) Then, we had to wait another 30 min or so for the tow truck driver to return with a tow truck that would tow my car. I dropped it off at Steve's! Yes, the place that my car is now calling home for a few more days. Izzie just wasn't ready to leave Steve's place yet. Silly Izzie!
Basically, some piece that is attached to my transmission somehow got cracked in two. Its leaking transmission fluid, which explains the jerking and smoke.
Izzie will now spend a couple more days with Steve Bass. Hopefully this time when she leaves, she'll be ready to come home with me again.
Please just pray that after this, Izzie will finally be well for a long time! She's breaking me! Pray that this isn't an expensive fix! Pray she returns to me soon!


2 comments:
Oh, Heather, I'm so sorry. I know car trouble is so frustrating! Ugh! Sheesh, put you and Jeremy together, and our family has some bad car luck! :)
Ugh... how'd this all turn out?
Post a Comment